FameLab - the world's leading science communication competition
FameLab is designed to inspire, motivate and develop young scientists and engineers to actively engage with the public and stakeholders.
Effective science communication has the potential to alter stereotypes, create excitement and interest, and ultimately justify public funding for scientific research.
- FameLab in Potsdam: 22 January 2020, GFZ Potsdam, House H, Room VR1, 2pm, free admission
- FameLab in Dresden: 11 March 2020, Technische Sammlung
- FameLab in Regensburg: 11 March 2020, Kulturzentrum Alte Mälzerei
- FameLab in Karlsruhe: 18 March 2020, Kulturzentrum Tollhaus, 7pm, free admission
- FameLab in Bielefeld: 19 March 2020, WissensWerkStadt Bielefeld, 7pm, tickets €8 / reduced-price ticket €6
- Masterclass in Berlin: 28/29 March 2020 in Berlin (British Council Office)
- FameLab Germany final in Bielefeld 23 April 2020, Rudolf-Oetker Halle
- International final at the Cheltenham Science Festival: 02 – 06 June 2020
Find out more about the registration process and how to apply here.
Find out what happens at the regional heats, there are some rules you need to know about.
The UK is a centre of excellence for science communication and recognises that science accessibility to a non-scientific audience is an ever-growing priority for researchers worldwide.
Each year the FameLab International final is held at The Times Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK. National winners from across the globe flock to the festival to prove their science communication prowess, engage with other enthusiastic science communicators, and to learn from UK experts in the field.