Scholarships, grants, bursaries, financial awards, loans… there are many financial support options for international students who wish to study on a UK course. 

You can search for UK scholarships and find out more on the scholarships and financial support page of our Study UK website.

For undergraduate courses

Students who are EU nationals can usually apply for a tuition fee loan to cover their fees. For more details please contact the relevant finance institution below, depending on where in the UK you will be studying.

For postgraduate courses

The UK’s Research Councils provide financial support for studies and research initiatives.

The Prospects postgraduate funding search allows you to search by subject area and level of study.

Alternative funding opportunities 

  • Euraxess Funding Database A portal for researchers offering information and advice on how to finance study trips to and job opportunities in the UK for research staff and international researchers.
  • Financial help for teacher training Website of the Department for Education’s Teaching Agency offering information on financial support for teacher training.
  • IEFA International Education Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search. For US and international students. Offers scholarship searches according to subjects and/or country of origin.
  • German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offer financial support for studying, research and teaching abroad – find out more on their website
  • German Federal Law on Support in Education (Auslands-BaföG) Financial support according to the German Federal Law on Support in Education (BaföG) is possible for German nationals, nationals of other EU member states under certain conditions (e.g. after five years of living in Germany), persons with registered refugee status in Germany etc. Additional conditions apply for support for studies abroad. The usual age limits (30 years, 35 years for postgraduate degrees) apply. The thresholds vary from country to country, but can be higher than those for education in Germany, which means that students who are not eligible to receive financial support through BaföG for studies in Germany might be eligible for funding for their studies abroad. Germans whose permanent residence is outside of Germany can be granted funding under certain circumstances if they study in their country of residence or a third state. Applications for financial support under BaföG should be made at least six months before the start of the course. In Germany, the Ausbildungsamt der Region Hannover is the authority responsible for dealing with requests in relation to the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland and has more information on its website (in German).

Student budget calculator

The student budget calculator will help you work out how to manage your money and build a budget for living and studying in the UK. It's free and easy to use!

Email us with specific questions or queries

We are here for you if you have a question or query about UK study. Please email us at