How to apply
- Take the IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre in Germany and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2019 and 10 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Germany. Please note that a TRF issued by a test centre outside of Germany cannot be accepted. Due to the Covid-19 situation the IELTS Indicator Test will be accepted as well.
- Complete and submit the online application form by 14:00 (German time) on 10 June 2020.
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria and assessed by a panel of British Council/higher education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statement.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be interviewed (Skype) by a panel of British Council/higher education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.