***APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 BRITISH COUNCIL IELTS AWARD HAVE NOW CLOSED.***
Apply for the British Council IELTS Award 2018 and receive up to £10,000 to fund your studies worldwide!
Creating opportunities that can change lives, we established the British Council IELTS Award in order to assist high calibre individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The award will enable successful applicants to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The British CouncilIELTS Award is worth between £3,000 up to a maximum of £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution attended by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual's selected course. The award applies only to courses in the 2018–19 academic year (i.e. starting August 2018 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
If tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
To be eligible to apply for the IELTS Award 2017 you must:
- be aged 18 years or over on 30 June 2018
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 2 June 2017 and 28 May 2018 issued by the British Council in Germany
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- be planning to enrol in the 2018–19 academic year (i.e. starting August 2018 onwards) on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list).The tuition fees of the programme of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by 30 June 2018 at the latest.
Check the official IELTS recognition list to find out if the educational organisation of your choice accepts IELTS.
Global IELTS recognition is growing all the time and if the institution you plan to attend is not listed, we strongly recommend you contact the institution directly for confirmation of their latest admission requirements.
- Application period: 20 December 2016–28 May 2018 (2pm Germany time)
- Shortlisting: 28 May-8 June
- Presentation and interview of shortlisted applicants: 18–29 June 2017
- Submission of acceptance letter received from relevant educational organisation: 30 June 2017 at the latest
Applications for the British Council IELTS Award 2018 must be submitted via our online application form. You can find all information on how to apply in the section below.