We support the work of education agents across the globe and provide training courses to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the UK as a study destination.
Join the growing list of British Council trained agents published on our Global Agents List.
To coincide with the ICEF Berlin Workshop 2017, we offer the following training opportunity for education agents:
BRITISH COUNCIL FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE FOR AGENTS
We have been successfully running the foundation level course since 2006. It is aimed at education agents, career advisors and student counsellors and is designed to increase their capacity to provide accurate and up-to-date advice on the UK education system, courses and qualifications, course fees and scholarships, application procedures, and the overall benefits of studying and living in the UK.
The course is an excellent opportunity for agents to develop their ability to provide high quality information, resources and services to students seeking an international education. It will also give them the skills to source relevant information and update their knowledge about studying in the UK. Most importantly, it will enable them to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to communicate effectively with partner institutions in the UK.
The course is delivered predominantly online, and is assessed by a professional development record and formal written exam.
About the course:
- Induction workshop on 27 October 2017 at the British Council in Berlin
- Online delivery over 8 study weeks
- includes self assessment tests
- assessed by a formal written exam and professional development record
- Successful candidates are eligible to be listed on the British Council's Global Agents List
The course includes:
- UK education and training system; courses and qualifications
- Quality assurance
- Benefits of studying and living in the UK
- Lifestyle – travel, accommodation, living costs, welfare
- Course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures, entry requirements, visas and immigration
- Recognition of commitment to quality and professionalism
- Quality of qualification acknowledged amongst UK education institutions
- Certificate to evidence successful completion
- Public listing on the British Council trained agents list
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To apply you’ll need:
- To have agreements in place with at least two UK education institutions on the Register of Sponsors or an accredited language school.
This qualification is valid for a period of two years and the certificate is provided to the individual. Reissue is dependent on evidence of participation in continuing professional development activity through the advanced professional development route, the British Council Advanced Certificate.
We recommend that applicants for whom English is a second language have achieved a level equivalent to IELTS 5.5
KEY DATES 2017
|Application deadline||Wednesday 23 August 2017|
|Course start date||Friday 27 October 2017|
|Examination date||from February 2018*|
* examination date by arrangement / exam location: Berlin / other locations may be possible (please contact AgentEUEnquiries@britishcouncil.org for details)
To apply, please download the Application Form below, fill it in and send it to AgentEUEnquiries@britishcouncil.org.
The course fee is £600 (incl. VAT).
We look forward to receiving your applications.
(We reserve the right to cancel the course up to three weeks before the introduction workshop on 27 October 2017.)