Our official IELTS test centres can help if you have visual, hearing, speaking or learning difficulties. If you need a modified version of IELTS, please give the test centre three months’ notice.
If special arrangements (for example, extra time) need to be made then please give the test centre six weeks' notice.
Should you require extra time in the test, or a separate room, we can offer these arrangements in Berlin and Cologne only.
Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have.
Please note that candidates who require special arrangements such as extra time or modified question paper material must be registered for the test on paper and not the test on computer.
What do special arrangements include?
- braille papers
- special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- lip-reading version of the Listening test
- enlarged print or Speaking task cards in Braille.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
- enlarged print
- Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write the answers for you.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can offer:
- headphones for the listening module
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
If you have dyslexia, we can arrange:
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.
Please contact us by e-mail (Special.Arrangements@britishcouncil.de) as soon as possible if you have special needs that may require a modified IELTS test version.