25 November, in conversation with the Quay Brothers, Volksbühne
The inseparable Quay Brothers use stop motion techniques to create uniquely surreal and often disturbing worlds of wonder. Inspired by literary sources such as Kafka and Robert Walser they have forged their own brand of black and white puppet animation. The focus of this film talk lies on “In Absentia”, their collaboration with Karl-Heinz Stockhausen.
- 25 November 5pm
- Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz, 3. Stock
- Tickets: 5,00€
- Event will be held in English
26 November, film screenings at Babylon Berlin
The Quay Brothers are among the most influential stop-motion artists in the world. Even the master Christopher Nolan has dedicated a documentary to them. Their work has been shown and praised at innumerable international film festivals, and now it’s time for interfilm to bring you an entire QUAY BROTHERS program. The Quay Brothers present their very own selection of their work, almost all of it on 35mm. Get ready for nostalgic surreality sure to please more than just stop-motion fans.
- Date: 26 November, 3:30pm
- Venue: Babylon, Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 30, 10178 Berlin
- Stille Nacht I: Dramolet - England • 1988 • 01:00 min • Animation • Regie: Quay Brothers
- Stille Nacht III: Tales from Vienna Woods - England • 1992 • 03:00 min • Animation • Regie: Quay Brothers
- In Absentia - England • 2000 • 20:00 min • Animation • Regie: Quay Brothers
- Maska - England • 2010 • 23:34 min • Animation • Regie: Quay Brothers
- Street of Crocodiles - England • 1986 • 21:00 min • Animation • Regie: Quay Brothers
- Alice in not so Wonderland - England • 2007 • 03:00 min • Animation • Regie: Quay Brothers