FameLab is an an exciting competition to find the new voices of science and engineering across the world. If you study or work in STEM subjects and can explain your area of expertise or a STEM topic to a non-specialist audience in just three minutes, we want to hear from you!
You can now re-watch the first regional heats of our science communication contest on our YouTube channel.
The aim of "FameLab – Talking Science” is to encourage young scientists to inspire and excite the public’s imagination with a vision of science in the 21st century. On stage, candidates have just three minutes to present their topic to a panel of expert judges and to win over the non-scientific audience. (Presentations can be held in German or English.)
Participants will benefit from the following:
- Learning why public engagement is important
- Enhancing your presentation skills
- Training by some of the world's best communicators
- Networking with like-minded individuals during, and after, the competition
- Meeting people from many different scientific fields
Win great prizes
The winner and runner-up of FameLab will win 300 € / 200 € and both attend an exclusive Masterclass on Science-Communication and Media (worth €1,600), after which you’ll be ready for the FameLab Germany final on May 13th in Karlsruhe. Winning that will open the door to the international arena. The renowned Cheltenham Science Festival offers the perfect stage for all national winners of more than 20 participating countries to enter the ring for the very final stage of FameLab International 2015.
To participate, simply download the registration form below and send it by e-mail to email@example.com. Please see more details on the FameLab Germany website.
Regional heats in Germany
- 18 March 2015, 19:00: FameLab Baden-Württemberg at Tollhaus Karlsruhe
- 19 March 2015, 19:30: FameLab North Rhine-Westphalia at Theaterlabor im Tor 6
- 25 March 2015, 18:00: FameLab Bayern in der Alten Mälzerei Regensburg
- 30 March 2015, 19:00: FameLab Brandenburg-Berlin im Henry-Ford-Bau der Freien Universität Berlin, Hörsaal A
- 9 April 2015, 19:00: FameLab Lower Saxony at Helmholtz Zentrum für Infektionsforschung
- 13 May 2015 at Tollhaus Karlsruhe