FAMELAB GERMANY FINAL GOES DIGITAL: 14 MAY 2020, 1800
We are very happy to inform you that the FameLab final in Bielefeld is moving online. For the first time ever, the FameLab final will be streamed live on Bielefeld Jetzt's Facebook page and their website on Thursday 14 May, 1800.
The final will be moderated by Dr Sissy-Christin Lorenz (Bielefeld Jetzt!) and Dirk Ludewig (founder of NerdStar). Nine candidates from all over Germany have made it to the national final and will join the live stream virtually. They all have three minutes to explain a science topic of their choice as entertaining, accurate and engaging as possible.
The audience is not merely able to watch but also able to ask questions in the chat and award an audience prize via voting!
- Andre Bauer (Universität Würzburg; Computer Science)
- Sarah Beutler (TU Dresden; Psychology)
- Lilith Diringer (TU Dresden; International Relations)
- Nicola Ganter (Leibniz Universität Hannover; Mechanical Engineering)
- Dr. Felix Günther (TU Berlin; Mathematics)
- Niklas Hoffmann (Universität Bielefeld; Biology)
- Nibedita Priyadarshini (Universität Freiburg; Microbiology)
- Simona Schindler (Universität Heidelberg; Molecular Biotechnology)
- Ian Stewart (Max-Delbrück-Centrum Berlin; Sensory Systems Neuroscience)
The high-class jury will also be brought in live. The jury of "FameLab Germany Live" includes the author and award-winning speaker Daniela Ben Said as well as two renowned scientists from Bielefeld: Prof. Dr. Martin Egelhaaf, Vice-Rector for Research and Research Transfer at Bielefeld University, and Prof. Dr. Christian Schröder, Vice President for Research, Development and Transfer at Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences. The round will be completed by another renowned expert: Dr. Jörg Dräger is a member of the Board of Directors of the Bertelsmann Foundation and Managing Director of the Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE).