Get up to £10,000 to Expand Your Horizon
We want to ultimately encourage young people to study abroad as part of their tertiary studies in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages. That is why the British Council IELTS, ISIC Association and StudyPortals launched The Global Study Awards. The Global Study Awards recognise studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students, opening their minds to alternative ways of personal life and professional career, as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance.
2 awards will be granted for the autumn 2018 intake (studies starting between 1 August – 31 October 2018).
Deadline for applications is 20 July 2018.
Who Are We Looking For?
The Global Study Awards is designed to support highly motivated, talented individuals who can actively demonstrate:
- their potential to contribute to society through their studies;
- a strong commitment to developing their career;
- their sincere interest in increasing intercultural understanding and exchange.
Successful candidates will be willing to engage with the British Council IELTS, ISIC and StudyPortals communities, and publicly share their experiences with other students. The Global Study Awards will be available to prospective students in all countries worldwide. The Global Study Awards will enable the successful candidates to study abroad, on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a higher education institution. The Global Study Awards cannot be used by a successful candidate to study domestically.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for The Global Study Awards applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over as of 1 January 2018;
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre, and hold a valid official Test Report Form (TRF) issued by the British Council after 1 June 2017;
- have a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and/or International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) at the time of application;
- plan to enroll in a full time undergraduate or postgraduate programme abroad in autumn term of 2018;
- be able to provide an acceptance letter and/or official enrolment letter from the institution by the relevant cut-off date;
- write a short review of their study experience at Studyportals.com