The University of Sheffield and the British Council offer this online course to help you learn the essential skills to succeed in a global workplace.
What will you achieve?
- Develop an understanding of the communication skills need to effectively present yourself in a professional context
- Develop an awareness of the underlying principles behind communicating effectively across different cultural environments
- Explore the skills needed to build and maintain relationships in a professional context
- Develop the ability to manage yourself in the modern workplace
The course includes articles, discussions and quizzes with tips to help you feel confident. You’ll see videos from employers, giving you insights from around the world into what they look for from their employees. You’ll learn how to communicate across cultures and discover the skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, managers and clients.
- Duration: 4 weeks/3 hours per week
- Certificates available (£59)
- Use the hashtag #FLglobalworkplace to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone starting work, returning to work, or thinking ahead to the start of their career. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills.
The course is aimed at native and non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.